Friday, March 27, 2009

God, be my Source!!

Psalm 62:5 For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. 6 He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. 7 On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.

I long for this kind of trust in God and God alone for EVERYTHING. I get the sense from reading this Psalm that even if the whole world crumbled around David, he really would not be shaken, but would stand confident and complete in God. For crying out loud, when I have a bad day or bad week, I often lose hope.

God, I long for you in this way. Help me to hope in you and nothing else so that even if my world is turned upside down, I will still be at peace in You. Remove this unrest from my soul and replace it with peace and faith.

No comments: