Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Don't Forget to ask...

It's amazing how often we need to be reminded of the most basic things in our walks with God! Spend time with God in prayer and in His Word. Spend time with other believers who encourage you and build you up in your faith. Don't worry, God is in control. Etc...

I think I probably have one of the shortest attention spans on the planet. Today's reminder from His Word for me (and anyone for that matter).

If you need something, ASK FOR IT!!

Matthew 6:7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

I'd like to think I'm a pretty capable person. I can do pretty much whatever I put my mind to, so I often forget how needy and incapable I am on the grander scale. I HATE HATE HATE to ask others for help. It's like a confession of weakness and I don't like to feel/be weak. Naturally, this prideful independence and self-reliance carries right over into my walk with God too. Shame on me:)

God, we need your help. We need you to pick up our heads and our spirits. We need you to give us our provisions for this day. We need you to help us love our spouses and Children. We need you to strengthen our faith in You. Will you give us today all that we need and remind us that there is NO shame in calling on you for help? Amen!

No comments: