Thursday, May 22, 2008

I wept today for a friend I've only met once..

I'm sure most people found this out before me, but I wept today over the tragedy in Stephen Curtis Chapman's family. SCC has been a hero of mine for 20 years now and his songs have ministered to me so deeply at times that I can't describe. I don't know how many times I've wept tears of worship, joy, and grief while listening to his songs.

For those who don't know... Just hours before his graduation, their oldest son ran over and killed one of their younger children (5 yr old, I believe).

I can't imagine how people bounce back after losing a child. I can't imagine how complicated the process must be when another child is responsible for the loss of the other, and you have the burden of dealing with one loss while parenting a child that is dealing with the worst possible "mistake" that I can imagine making. It's just awful, and I'm crushed for them.

God have mercy! Be gracious and kind today to our brothers and sisters in Christ that are suffering unimaginable grief. Help them Lord, I pray! Amen.

2 comments:

Carole Turner said...

I have cried, though about and prayed for them many times these last two days. It's so sad, God be with them all.

Anonymous said...

You articulated it well, Wade. I don't know how I'd manage through something like that.

It is one of those nightmare scenarios that has passed through my mind at times with my own children.

God be with them, especially their son involved in the accident.