Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Son Jay

Some of my out of town friends have not had the priviledge of meeting my baby boy, Jay. He's a wonder-boy. Here are a few things that I really love about him...

1. He's a GREAT baseball player. Very pretty natural swing with great follow-through and bat speed. It wouldn't surprise me to see him play in the majors someday.

2. He's very smart. He's learning to read a little bit these days, and he's already a numbers whiz which really makes me happy. He can count like a madman. It's a very entertaining passtime in the car these days. Last weekend on the way to church we counted to 200. He said the evens and I said the odds. Of course, I'm still working on his favorite number. Right now, he says his favorite number is 8, but Daddy still pays the bills.


3. He never stops asking questions. Sometimes this really drives me nuts, but I think it's a great quality that is going to take him a long way in life.

4. He loves to fish! I can't wait for the adventures we're going to have on the water.

5. He loves his mother! I love watching Sondra and Jay interact. It reminds me of how special the mother/son bond is. Kinda takes me back to my own childhood with my mom.

6. He's really learning to protect his baby sister. We went on a field trip and he just randomly reported to the class that "I protect my baby sister." They're really getting to be buddies these days.

7. He loves to play the drums. His singing is coming along a little bit, but I'm not super optimistic he will follow in Daddy's shoes on that one:) He does have a little rhythm and loves to hit the skins... Go Jay.

8. He loves watching sports with me, especially football and baseball. He'll watch an entire game with me, or at least until I get tired of him asking me how tall everybody is. What gives on this? "How tall are his shoes dad?"

I could go on and on. There's NOTHING like being a dad to a baby boy. James Wade Hinton II is the man! Geaux Jay! I'm pretty sure he's going to be an outstanding man someday in spite of his dear old daddy.

17 comments:

Carole Turner said...

That Jersey ROCKS!!

Wade Hinton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carole Turner said...

Hey did you ever read this over at resurgence?

http://theresurgence.com/ab_blog_2007-06-04_orphans_vs_american_dream

Good stuff from your boy Driscoll's site :-)

Wade Hinton said...

Don't read there very often. Too much good reading over on "the wardrobe and the white tree";) It is a good article.

You should post it unless you're too ashamed that it is from "my boy"...

Anonymous said...

Even though I may be a little prejudice, he is the most awesome little fellow! He and I played baseball today and tell me, what 4 year old do you know that can keep the score in his head. He beat me, of course, 15 to 8 home runs. Amazing! I love my boys! Niny

Anonymous said...

Jaybird really is the best of both of us. He is a little stubborn at times, but I have no idea where he gets that from:)

Nathan Rucker said...

I really enjoyed reading this! I miss you guys!

Wade Hinton said...

I miss you too Nathan!

Anonymous said...

He's precious, Wade! You are very blessed.

Wade Hinton said...

thanks Ammye!

Anonymous said...

Hey Wade,, Now that's bringing the boy up right,, what a jersey number.. I couldn't reach me nair pipture on here wuf my cement so i hope you like it anyway.. oh well.. I'm sure you don't have a problem understanding that verbage. I am really enjoying your blog. I may have to join this phenomenon of blogging pretty soon. anyway jay looks like a joy. I know there is nothing like raising boys , I'm having a ball with my three.. talk to you soon .. Chad Horne

Anonymous said...

The Vincent family thinks that "Jeh-buud" is pretty awesome too!

I mean, I won't tell the world that Jay's ability to "swing a bat" sent us to the ER a year ago.........

Jay should also know that he take the fall for ANYTHING that Truman is missing these days! "Tru, where is your Diego?"..."Jeh-buud took it".... "Tru, where is Tigger"....."I don't know. Jeh-buud got it"..

WE LOVE YA'LL!!!

Carole Turner said...

Wade, I did post it and then refered to it again the other day in that post about Orphans.

I like a lot of what they say over there at The Resurgence.

Anonymous said...

Jay is the "BOY"! He loves his baby sister....I was worried she would make it there for a while though. HaHa! Love ya brother!

Wade Hinton said...

Chad Horne,

GREAT to hear from you my friend. That's the thing I love most about blogging. It is a good avenue to stay connected in a sense.

Glad you are enjoying! BDS

Anonymous said...

Keep 47 on his back and he can't go wrong.

Wade Hinton said...

It's on his back. I'm working on getting it into his psyche:)