Tuesday, April 15, 2008

An environmental conundrum

This is a departure from my normal posts, but I sometimes think that environmentalists have forgotten that human beings are a species in the environment too.

What if the EPA, PETA, or some other green group (I'm pro-environment by the way) discovered that there were human practices that were causing Salmon to reproduce at a much lower rate? O wait, they have and they are on it. What if all of a sudden, the Bee population that is so vital to the pollination of our food crops was at risk and in a serious decline for mysterious reasons? O wait, it is and they are all over it.

So, where is the passion for protecting the human species? Why are bees, salmon, spotted owls, manatees, etc. worth crusading for, but if human life is crusaded for it's right-wing fundamentalism? I know that this isn't a new thought, but it's something that I've been thinking about a lot.

Here are some things that I believe are serious attacks on the Human Species that need to be crusaded against (in no particular order). These are threats to our species that would have environmentalists up in arms if they had even close to the same level of threat against snapping turtles.

1. Abortion
2. The Homosexual agenda
3. Redefinition of the family

I'm sure there are others, but these come to mind as serious threats to the perpetuation and long-term health of our species.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Amen, Amen, AMEN! Well said.

-Donna

p.s. I'm very glad that you were clear on your profile that you're the husband of ONE wife. ;)

Wade Hinton said...

The only thing I can imagine that would be more gruesome than having two wives would be having two husbands:)

Anonymous said...

What if it turns out your son is gay? I hope someone that seems to love him as much as you do would disown him because of his sexuality. It's not an agenda dude

Wade Hinton said...

Anonymous, since I don't know your name, I'll call you Sam for conversation sake.

"what if it turns our your son is gay?" Right now, my son is 5. He's a male created by God to be with women.

If my son chooses a homosexual lifestyle, it would sadden me, but I cannot disown my son. He's my son, will always be my son, and will always be loved as much as he allows me to love him. I don't fear, dislike, or wish any ill will toward homosexuals. I have been friends with homosexuals and have members of my extended family that are gay.

Sam, if you don't believe there is a homosexual agenda to promote the acceptance of homosexuality, then your head is buried very deeply in the sand.

I'd love to discuss this with you in private or in public. I promise not to attack you Sam. Feel free to contact me at wadehinton@gmail.com. I'd give you my phone number through email if you would like to talk that way.

sorry for the delayed response. My computer has been on the blink.

Have a great day. Hope you are well.